Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Gratitude

Sometimes when I awake, whether it is in the middle of the night (like now) , or after a long nap, my brain is in it's most vulnerable state. All that I know, and all that I have learned is threatened during these times. Worries creep around in my mind, doubts that I have swatted away linger, and somehow my greatest fears, those which I have made peace with with in the light of day, rise to the surface.
So, rather than sit here and entertain these thoughts, I've decided to combat them with happy ones.
Today I am grateful for:
my warm apartment
red and pink roses
books
my wonderful parents
good friends
the children at the orphange
sister thomas
having money
beauty
ability to laugh
special blanket
Bailey
Bali
daily episodes!
warm cups of tea
losing kgs
grade threes
the secret
travelling
being a teacher
summer is on the way
my journey
my mistakes
strawberries and bananas
fondue
being Canadian
my health
Taylor
my sister being happy
making connections
speaking French
Korean bbq
I am grateful for being a warm generous spirit, loving and giving. I am grateful for being able to thrive in my life and step into myself. I am grateful for being beautiful on the inside and outside. I am grateful for being able to see and admit my mistakes and take responsibility for them. I am grateful for my ability to see the silver lining and to always turn my face towards the sun. I am grateful for being able to open myself to new things and to let go of things that no longer serve me. I am grateful that I respect myself and take care of myself. I am grateful for my humour and ability to laugh at myself. I am grateful for my passion, enthusiasm and creativity. I am grateful for my gift with children. I am grateful for my gift of communication and desire to help. I am grateful for my doubts because they allow me to remind myself of all that is truly wonderous in this world.

1 Comments:

  • Thankyou...I came across your blog this morning while procrastinating from my own life...it's funny when you find the things you need the most in unexpected places. I'm going to do a gratitude blog and make some productive use of my time right NOW:) I hope you had sweet dreams after this. Blessings on you, Nicola in Wando-land

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home