Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year in Korea




If someone had told me this time last year that I would be in South Korea teaching English in 2007, I would have laughed my head off and thought they were crazy. Well I am here and I am laughing my head off. Some days I cannot believe it myself that I am here.
Looking back, Korea has been quite a challenge for me. However, (dare I say) I am ok here. With careful attention not to upset the cosmic Goddesses, I will say that I am learning and growing and changing daily. There are many things I still want, and many things that aggrivate me to the max, but I'm alright!

I brought in the New Year with nine friends at a supposedly French restaurant (I enjoyed a Korean pork cutlet), then lit some firecrackers on the waterfront. Not being a fan of New Year's celebrations, I had a good time.

To kick off this new year, I am heading to Austrailia for a three week vacation. My shoulders relax at the mere mention of it. I will have a blissful 6 weeks away from teaching to rejuvinate my mind and to replenish my soul. As the second part of my Korean journey begins I will keep in mind the following:

I am proud of how I have begun to take down some walls, and I want to continue learning to trust.
I can do and be anything that I want.
It's ok to be angry.
Remember to seek inspiration and new experiences.
I don't know everything.
I better say that one again: I don't know everything.
In spite of pressure to conform, I will stay true to what I believe.
I will continue to put myself first.
I will continue to "keep it real", although not everyone appreciates it.
I will keep my eyes and heart open, even when it hurts.
I will revel in all that I am and all that I can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home