Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Bali



While Oz was full of physical beauty and adventures, Bali offered me a different key, allowing me to unlock corners of myself that have been gathering dust for awhile.




Even though I arrived at 4am, sans my travelling partner (who accidently missed the plane), I felt an immediate comfortable peaceful feeling in Bali. My first accomodations in Kuta are set in the heart of city where tourists mix with locals, unlike in Cuba where the locals are shipped off of the island resort after their shifts are finished.




The staff at the hotel became friends and I felt at home in their family-like atmosphere. The people of Bali remind me of Kenyans in that they are open, warm, gregarious and happy. After various challenges lately, I basked in every kindness I was offered.




Life in Bali is slow, and one must be patient. Ha! I know what you are thinking... but I was patient believe it or not. Those little character books with Miss Nosey, Mr. Bossy, well, Miss Impatient could be written about me. However, I allowed myself to be swept up in island life and revelled in the moment.


After a few days in Kuta (my travelling friend arrived one day late :) ) we went on to discover a quieter place on the island. While I appreciated the bustling city, the noise and constant bombardment of vendors wanting you to buy things got a little aggrivating, and I was eager to preserve my newfound peacefullness!


Our friends at the hotel took us to several different places before we settled on a group of bungalows, nesteled in our own personal paradise overlooking the ocean.

It was here that I flourished. How could I not?
I let go of things that no longer served me and dove head first into all that awaited.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home