Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh, My Seoul

The foreigner section of Seoul (Itaewan) is diversity at its best. People of all different ethnic groups, a melting pot of different restaurants (we ate Greek and Middle East) and I heard French, German, and some African language as we made our way down the street. Ya hoo! I was in heaven. If there is a heaven, I hope Itaewan is one of the cities there.

The eating was one of the best parts. In Mokpo, there is no such thing as diversity in anything. The people are mostly Korean, I have only seen one black person (another teacher), and the restaurants are very similar; they mostly serve food that I do not like! We enjoyed Starbucks, (I devoured a chai tea latte), the Outback (yummy a real steak!), sampled the tasty wares at the Paris bakery, ate pitas with hummus and babaganoush (forgive my spelling, I am off duty!), chicken and pork souvlaki, roasted lamb chops... See what I mean about heaven?

Our new friends Liz and Dawn came down from Suwon (about 40 mins away) and took us to a fabulous book store. I was hypervenelating, no kidding. I could not contain my excitement and joy. Of course, I went a wee bit overboard (Marnie had to lend me $30.00 cause I did not realize how much I was spending), but I came away with 4 delightful novels, a bingo game, and two teaching books. I even put a few things back.

The weekend was super fun! The company was great, went to see Seoul Tower, took a gondola ride, slept in a great place for only $40.00 a night. Hmmm... except for getting on the wrong train on the way there, the trip was a success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home