Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jeju, I'm yours






Wow. That is the word that comes to mind when I consider what to write here. Wow, for the shattered expectations, and wow, for the experience.
Jeju Island is said to be the Hawaii of South Korea. It far exceeded any expectation I had. Rather than try to describe the beauty, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
We (seven in our group) rented a van complete with driver to take us on a two day tour of the island's attractions. We went horseback riding, went on a submarine ride, swam at night in the ocean, rode ATVs (soooo fun!), roasted hot dogs over a campfire, took a ride on a super fast jet ski boat, and visited waterfalls. I will post more pictures when I receive them from my friends.
I am continuing to learn about others and how to move through this life harmoniously, side by side, without giving up pieces of myself, and without infringing on their journey. It is difficult. Where I need to put up fences, I end up putting up walls. Instead of closing the door (to myself) gently, I slam it, and my irritation is obvious to those on the otherside. I am blinded by the need to protect myself.
I thought the hard part was achieving peace within myself, but I am discovering that the real challenge is how to let that peace and acceptance blossom within you and be able to extend it to others.

1 Comments:

  • Well, Ms Sherry- you're adventures seem challenging and amazing. I've read everything that you posted so far and I am completely catapulted back to Kenya- the joy, the heartache, the awe/wonder and even the occasional emptiness. I hope your best friend is still there with you to keep you grounded (we all need a piece of home). I chose to write here because the picture of the hill in Jeju looks so much like the hill behind camp in Kenya- I thought it was a Kenya pic. I still can't believe we had such an incredible adventure (and I STILL don't believe it). Sounds like your adventures are still continuing- keep us all posted!!
    Very jealous, Krista

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home