Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006




I have been trying to post on here all day and have been getting very frustrated. When I want things to go a certain way, I lose my patience if they don't. Yes, patience is a virture and I am trying to be patient while I aquire patience!

I went to the pink room again tonight. Three of us veterans and one rookie. She enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as me. What can I say? It is so girly and so unlike any place I have been before.

As I was walking home tonight I got to thinking (quelle surprise)about the people that come into our lives. Over coffee, we were discussing the need for reciprocity in a friendship and how a person earns the priviledge to be in your life.

Later, one of my new friends said that I had given her so much in such a short time and she felt that she had not given me anything. I was surprised to hear her say that. I reminded her that she gave me her company (a great comfort in this "new found land"), a different perspective on life, she has shown me new things that she has discovered, and she laughs at my jokes (always a plus), which to me reveals acceptance.

When I got home, another friend (currently on her first solo voyage in Thailand) was on msn. It was a joy talking to her. I was reminded of our time together in Kenya and how people don't have to do anything "extra" ordinary to contribute to our lives. A good belly laugh, a supportive shoulder, half of a wet nap...can bond two people for life.

3 Comments:

  • I would never leave my peeps behind!
    Eating and drinking in Hali sounds wonderful. Please do send me some pics.
    xo

    By Blogger Nancy, at 11:39 PM  

  • Like the Jinjil-bangs, I and the other boys will probably pass on the "Pink Palace!"

    Looks nice though!
    HAHA!

    By Blogger Brent, at 12:20 PM  

  • I wanna go to the Pink Room! Promise to take us there when we come to Mokpo for a visit!
    Carol

    By Blogger Carol-Ann Murray, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home