Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Drama? I thought you said "pa jama"

Please please think before you speak. That is what I keep telling myself. Problem is, I never seem to listen.
An hour after I met him,when Mr. Kim said, "Nancy...(in the special way that he does)can you do a play for the festival?" Me, ever trying to be helpful, said I would try.
Fast forward a few weeks. The children in the drama club are there because the clubs they wanted to be in are full. They don't speak English very well, are not interested in acting like the animals they are supposed to be, do not want to make costumes, do not want to wear costumes we pick out/buy with our own money... What am I? A miracle worker??
Why couldn't he have said, "Can you wear your pajamas to work everyday?" Now that I could do!

1 Comments:

  • I haven't even asked what they want our play to look like! At least my kids are from my English "Extra class". I really feel for you!

    By Blogger Brent, at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home