Miss Sherry's Adventures. Love your life.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Things that bring me joy...

Nancy's joy list (in random order):

listening to the sound of ocean waves
taking a nap with my special blanket
warm mugs (floral) of tea
making a campfire
speaking french
making connections
watching my sister blossom
playing the comforter game with Bailey
kissing/sniffing Bailey's head
biting into a large juicy apple
the site of cosmos on the roadside
playing with small children
milkshakes at the pink room
looking at the puppies in the doggy window
taking care of Taylor
fuzzy socks
dipping my feet in a river/lake
teaching
a walk in the woods
a good book
my relationship with my mom
feeling loved
helping others
philisophical conversations
listening to someone play guitar
hanging out with dad
reading Junie B
Maddy
petting Bella
quiet moments

2 Comments:

  • Nice site Sherry - I linked from Claudia's site. Has the test bombing going in N. Korea affected you in any way? I have considered teaching in Korea but I am leaning more toward Taiwan due to the situation in N. Korea right now.

    Take care, Tricia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 AM  

  • Hi,

    Thanks for the email.

    쟍o, the testing has not affected me at all. When I first heard about it, I was concerned of course. As a Canadian I have never had to think about my safety.

    잸fter getting all the facts, I do not think there is anything to be concerned about. North Korea is not the only or the first쟰lace to have a nuclear weapon. If they even have one! They do not have the money or power that many other countries have. 쟍orth Korea and South Korea have had soldiers along their borders for decades. The fact that they are showing this on the news makes things seem worse than they are. N. Korea is very small are not very powerful. All the surrounding countries support a peaceful world, including N. Korea's only Ally, China. If anything were to happen (which I really do not think it would), it would be directed towards North America, not South Korea. Also, there is a huge USA presence here in the form of a base쟫ocated in Seoul, very close to N. Korea.쟅t just doesn't make sense to worry.

    That being said, I am no political analysist! Each and every person must do what feels right for them. So, for me, after inquiring into the facts, 쟅 am ok being here under the current circumstances. In addition, the South Korean people are not too concerned. They are used to the way North Korea operates, and don't see this episode as much different from any other ones.

    I know that was a long answer! I am also looking at Taiwan for next year. The money is comparable. I get a lot of vacation with this contract and I am working in a public school which is great. If you decided to do this, do try and work for the school system if you can. Hagwons (private institutes) can work you to death!

    Feel free to ask me any other questions!

    Nancy

    By Blogger Nancy, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home